The Lean In Pie - The Hairpin
8 Studies That Debunk Male Gender Stereotypes -
- Between infancy and first grade, boys express their emotions more readily than girls. [here]
- Worldwide, boys aren’t any better at math than girls. [here]
- Young men are more emotionally vulnerable to troubles in their relationships than young women are. [here]
- Men are less rational investors than women. [here]
- Men aren’t worse than women at reading emotional cues. [here]
- Men monitor their partners more than women. [here]
- Men are twice as likely as women to commit suicide after divorce. [here]
- In anonymous settings, women are more aggressive than men. [no shit]
gender equity is so tight.
Yip! Yip! Yip!
it’s national eating disorders awareness week and i’d like to take this opportunity to remind you all that body acceptance is the best and body shaming is the absolute worst. next time you start to think/say/type something along the lines of “she looks fat in that” or “i’m so huge” or any other variation of body judgement/fat talk, please think about how your words might affect someone struggling with body confidence issues. xoxoxoxox
if you or someone you know is struggling with an eating disorder, here are some resources: http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
spirit animal forever. me and george costanza.
(Source: seinfeld, via rlymax)
Ann, you are my everything.
happy v day everybody.
Ladies Who Lunch. I always loved this scene. It was a shame it took as long as it did to happen on the show but also a shame that it didn’t happen again. A beautiful blip on The West Wing radar. (Just imagine what it would have been like if Kristin Chenoweth’s character had been around at this time…)
4 powerful ladies getting sauced in the white house on the first lady’s birthday is a recipe for comedic gold and dramatic catharsis. how did this not happen more than once. shout out to allison janney performing ‘the jackal’, too.